Tuesday, April 13, 2010

letters to the unborn

Dear Noah,
I was up all last night praying for you. It is still 10 days until you are born, but I have been praying for you for a long, long time, and I won’t stop anytime soon. I am very sick and I was in a lot of pain last night, maybe you were too, I think this is where God gives me a lot of compassion for you, maybe He keeps us awake at the same times. I don’t know if I will ever get to meet you face to face, or hold you in my own arms, but I know that your beautiful mommy will read this to you, hopefully while you snuggle her. I want you to get better little boy, real fast. But if you go home to be with Jesus before I do, it’s ok, you’ve had a long tough fight. You’re quite the strong man, I’ve seen your muscles on the sonogram pictures your mom has shown me, Noah, you are fearfully and definitely wonderfully made…Trisomy 18 has nothing on you.
Although we have never met, you have become quite popular. When I found out you were coming, I was in Italy, it’s a beautiful place, and there were and still are many people there praying for you. And there is a place in California where I met your mom called Calvary Chapel Bible College; Noah, there are more than 100 people I know that are praying for you here.

I want to sing this to you in person but I know your mom knows all the words and she’ll sing it to you, so if you get tired, if the nurses and doctors get to you just have her sing you this little diddle by James Taylor, it’s my favorite…Close your eyes, you can close your eyes, it’s alright. I don’t know no love songs and I can’t sing the blues anymore. But I can sing this song. And you can sing this song when I’m gone.
I love you Noah. You hang in there, stay warm and cozy. Welcome to the world little boy!

With all my love,
Auntie Jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment