Tuesday, August 17, 2010

when life gives you lymes, make lymeade?

for some reason after coming home from a week long exstravaganza in washington i didn't expect to pick up the phone and see 20 messages.
i listened, when it got to my doctor my heart dropped a little bit- well maybe a lot bit. all week i had been praying for the Lord to be preparing my heart for whatever He had in store for me. Lymes Disease was the last thing i wanted. after learning more and more in the past month and i have become more turned off to it, but i will write more on this towards the end.

i called back and the nurse gave me the long awaited results as my dad sat in the the chair next to me staring at me...uncomfortable, i would look back at him.
she explained that from what the "blood people" could see they could not see a positive result or a negative, but it was definitely more positive based upon my symptoms and the other blood tests they had performed.

so from here i will be seeing a doctor soon and he will be following my treatment for this cruel disease that never leaves you. over the next 12 weeks i believe i will be going through a very rough and intense IV course that is likened to chemotherapy which is trying to kill these particular cells that have taken over my body. what this therapy can possibly do is put my body into remission so that i can temporarily go back to normal...and this is what we all hope for.

i hope for this. most of all i hope for heaven. this summer has been a tough one, it's been long and life changing, it's been lonely, but it has prepared me for this...for something more. Just like the Lord answers Jeremiah in 12:5
"If you have run with the footmen, and they have wearied you, then how can you contend with the horses? and if in the land of peace, in which you trusted, the wearied you, then how will you do in the floodplain of the Jordan?"


so now i'll run with the horses and He will give me strength.
and together we'll make some freaking lymeade out of this situation:)

there have been a lot of tears over this and no doubt there will be more to come.

#1 prayer request: more than anything in the world right now i want to be at bible college and it kills that i am at home sick, by myself none the less- so please pray for contentment.
#2. that i would be dilligent with my online classes.
#3. i have an appointment with my doc on thursday. (Dr. Holscher)
#4. pray that i would continue to absolutely surrender everything to the Lord,hopes, dreams and all- more is required now with this diagnosis.

thank you all- this life is relentless-but our God is so big

Please also pray for
:

Susie: Stage 3 colon cancer, started chemo last week, 3 young kids.
Owen: Leukemia, 6 years old, going through chemo.
Brynn: Battling many different health problems, 5 months pregnant
Jenna: Redemption and healing

3 comments:

  1. Jordyn, your honesty and perseverance is very commendable and the Lord holds you so dear. You will forever be a testimony of the Lord's faithfulness and of someone who has truly partaken of the Lord's suffering. You are living out the will of God, Heaven is near and so is "well, done good and faithful servant." Acts 20:24

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jordinka... my heart aches for you. I don't know if you remember the Pooler family, they went to Selah Covenant Church (still do), Lisa Pooler is the mom... anyways, her daughter Megan was diagnosed with Lymes several years ago and I remember she was back and forth between school all the time because of it. Now she's been living with it for quite a while and has worked with a lot of doctors, too. If you want her info I can get it for you, or I am pretty sure she is on Facebook.
    Love you and am always praying for you, friend.

    ReplyDelete