Sunday, July 25, 2010

higher ground

No power of hell
No scheme of man
Could ever pluck me from his hand
‘Til he returns
Or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand


Lately it seems that satan has been playing games with my mind. Just trying to tempt me and pull me down. I found that he can’t pull me down when I am on my face before my Maker.
Whatever my circumstances. Whatever comes of these tests, nothing will take me away from the love of the God that I serve.
I call for Him every day and every night hoping that He will come for me- how desperately I want Him. This morning we sang the song above. And that here in the power of Christ I will stand.
Sometimes the greatest place to stand, the highest place to stand is where your face is buried in the place you usually walk.
To be in a place where no one can possibly bring you lower, but where the Lord knows exactly where you are and He is only willing to bring you up.
I have a feeling I will be in this place for a while- this place of complete brokenness and sorrow. I know He can use this.

I go to Stanford in 2 days- a video blog will come soon.

The blog desperately needed a revamp from the brown whatever, I hope you all like it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment