Monday, May 24, 2010

we just may have been great

this is note of recognition.

a note of thankfulness to the Lord, my Redeemer and friend.
it takes time, sometimes, we must look back at where we were to be able to look forward at what we have now.
four months ago was not a pretty sight. i was angry and bitter and sick- call me Mara, don't call me Jordyn anymore.

all i wanted was CCBC- to feel love was what i longed for. what i could do for myself was impossible but what He did for me was incredible.
on an early february day all I wanted was given to me and off i went with erica to calvary chapel bible college and my life and circumstances were instantly changed- my God was for me!
over the course of the semester i knew in my mind that it was not going to be easy. soon after i got there i got this horrendous cough- started coughing up blood and got really tired, the weakness set in and the bones were hurting more than ever. as the Lord chose to take away my physical strength He placed people in my life that He knew beforehand that I would need.
the way the Lord picks people just astounds me, i needed each person for something specific and i didn't see it until recently.

first of all there was my sister- erica...where would i ever be without you? it was you that got me to school anyways, mom and dad would have never let me come if it weren't for you. you gave up days and time just for me, you gave up your car so i could make my appointments and gave up some of your heart to be all that i needed.i love you and i am going to miss you terribly this summer.
then there was mira...we were placed in the same dorm and what i thought was going to be the end of me, happened for my own good. without you my darling i would have died a horrible death in CA 123. thanks for the late night back scratches and loaning me your bed so i could sleep. thanks for taking me on as a love project by seeking the Lord; learning to be there for me even more than you were before. i can't give you anything here, but just wait for heaven girl- the rewards will come:)
then there was stevie...oh gosh kiddo, you didn't just make me cry when you left. your patience with my stubborness blessed me and taught me so much more about Christ. i don't think you know that the days we woke up super early to study the Word were days i specifically felt low and tired of fighting, the Lord chose you to show me that I was loved by someone that was greater than my temporary pain. you're a blessing, don't doubt the great ways the Lord is going to use you:)
and then there was nathan- my buddy...where would i be without you kid!!!??? your mullet and your eyes and your dumb tattoos always made me happy. i would have never known that i looked "EPIC" on the way to the hospital if it weren't for you. you brought more joy to my life in the past 4 months than i ever expected in coming back his spring. thanks:)
then there was erin...jiminy child, you beat me in the tanning contest in one day, but i still love you. thanks for the great beach days that you always suggested and the messy hair...and possibly some dreads. it sucks you're back in colorado but snail mail awaits us, and next semester as well:) ptl.
and philip...never in a million years did i expect to still have a great relationship with you, but i just love you kiddo and i am so glad that the Lord has given us what He has. I needed your humor, and the expectation of that awful beard coming off. the anticipation of the dreads and the AV golf cart crash story. oh phil, you make me happy, thanks for sticking around even though 'america may be the most boring place in the world', you've stuck it out, and you've made america better just by being apart of it.
esther-mother-freaking-perry!!!!- i'm so glad you came back to CCBC this semester, you're just great. never have i ever felt so comfortable around someone. you're just a joy to be around and make me smile hearing some things that come out of your mouth- you surprise me all the time. your relationship with nathan will always boggle my mind. please come back to me next semester. i love you dearly!

and to all the rest of you who i want to mention and probably will in more detail later, thank you- kelsey, jenni,emma, messican, brooke stew, hannah, charles, christian, angela, b-shep, mange, and so many others; you guys just rock my socks and have blessed me beyond words in the way you take care of me and "protect my bones".
The Lord is using you for far greater purposes than just blessing me,but i just want you all to know just how much i love you. may this summer be one you never forget, full of blessings and hopefully i'll see ya'lls again soon:)

all my love,
Jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment