Saturday, May 22, 2010

...and they called this place my home

yesterday i left.
i left what i know as my home.
i left what has kept me above the raging seas for the past 4 months.
i left the people i love the most.
it took about 2 weeks of tears to let it go.
i sat in class with people and thought that i may never ever be there again.
i walked through the coffee shop to see philip sleeping on the couch- a perfectly normal sight.
hugs to dave shirley. and talks with terry- the dishwasher.
all this just takes too long to say goodbye to.
so graduation finally came- i got the brochure deal that had all my friends names in it...minus mine.
this was my class- and this is why it was so hard to see them all go.
hopefully i'll be back as a 5th semester in the fall.
hopefully stanford will have something for me.
these are my hopes. i know the Lord knows them all- He thinks some are crazy,yet He cares about them. "God bless the Lord"-CCBC

so, with many tears I bid them all farewell as evil thoughts came into my head thinking I may never see them again. maybe not here, not on this earth. oh, but we will meet again:)

the long drive got the best of me. I didn't talk besides putting in the frequent "South, please!" when getting back on the freeway. I said it in all seriousness but it didn't work, because I arrived here. In Red Bluff.
The mullets and mary kay ladies greeted me along with the hazardously depressing weather and the smelly little dogs.
i love it all- it does make me smile, but how I miss what I had.
I am glad that this time I never took a day for granted. Every day I lived as if I were dying- because it could have happened. The Lord is using this crazy adventure- I have learned to love, to love better than before, because i know how much it hurts to leave it all.
so, here I am- maybe in a new chapter, awaiting whatever may happen next...

1 comment:

  1. jordyn, you've got me bawling my eyes out. reading your stories, doctors visits and your letter to Noah is just a big huge dose of reality and needed perspective for my little soul. praying for you. praying, praying, praying. only the Lord knows, but I hope to see you back here next semester. well in both spirit and body. love you very much! -ashley w.

    ReplyDelete