Wednesday, March 3, 2010

extra credit

i wake up. put on my face. get some clothes. go to breakfast. go to chapel. coffeeshop. homework. get a call. call the doctor. call the imaging place. go to the imaging place. try to finish homework. get my blood drawn. waste time waiting in lines. forget my insurance card. you suck. go back to college. go to class. do homework. eat. don't stop.

endurance...this is what I need the most. Countless times during the day I tell myself, "Keep going, you can't give up now."

i wish i got extra credit for doing all of this health stuff added with all these classes. i'm already taking 25 credits, but with these I am swamped. I get weak, but I realize more and more that I cannot do anything on my own, or I would be in bed all day.

I am super encouraged by the people I am around all day though. bible college is like this little christian world where you eat, sleep and pray and go to class with your best friends, and it's amazing. the encouragement is more than I could ask for. They keep me going, they interceed for me and bless me immensely.

What am I learning? currently, how to deal with pain. yes, i have been living in pain for the last 5 months, but i have reached this new level and it's intimidates me and every morning I think I can't do it. But i know the Lord is having me experience this just in preparation for something in the future, right now He needs me to feel this pain. So i'm getting ready.

Usually I feel awful every morning I get out of bed, not enough sleep, still in pain, whatever....no one cares really. But this morning; i just had to write about it because it's amazing. I don't remember exactly what I dreamed about, but the Lord was there. I was in His presence and I know this because I woke up with such peace that I have never felt before. I woke up with a smile although it was hard to throw my legs off my warm bed. and then I was reminded that the Lord is always with me. Not only in my dreams, but every step I take, every meal I eat, every vile of blood that I donate to my doctors...He is there. And He brings me peace unsurpassable.

He is my endurance. and i thought this was cool.

Banquet is tonight. so i'll most likely post some pictures of girls in pretty dresses and boys with whatever they could find...love to all. thanks for the prayers, they are greatly appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment