Sunday, March 14, 2010

can't stop now

I've come too far.
6 years it has been.
6 years since the beginning.
Last Thursday I went in to see my rhuematologist. she would have answers.
the week before she ran so many blood tests and that i was lethargic for the rest of the day.
well i go in...the darn blood showed nothing.
....whoever told you that "nothing" is good was lying.....nothing is bad.
but she also found on my chest x-ray that i have 4 nodules in my lungs.
as of last october i only had 2.
what are nodules?
they're like miniature tumors.
i named them...like everything else. I have Sam,Heloise, Oklahoma and Egor. Yes, some friends helped me out with those.
So, don't you worry your dear heart, I made an appointment with a critical care pulmonary doctor. yeah, I didn't really like the first part of that title either. but his real name is Dr. Lee. You can pray for him.
soon I will have a bronchoscopy done, so the nodules will be taken out and a biopsy will be done.
BIOPSY! oh what a fun word after my big fat greek wedding! maybe it's my twin?
i wouldn't be expecting that.
i may be seeming a bit naive here in this dumb blog...but don't worry. it's very real to me. because i feel it.
this is just the way I cope. some people would by crying or getting angry...i'd rather make fun of myself.
Please continue to pray for me. Pray for my doctors, Dr. Freyne, Dr. Black and Dr. Lee.
*An added praise report...well I happened to be thinking. Up north these doctors don't even exist. I tried to get in with a rhuematologist in Redding and i wouldn't have gotten an appointment until April for early May! Here, i was able to see one within the first 2 weeks of calling. So praise the Lord that I have doctors.
It is very hard being a full time student and a full time patient, but nonetheless, God is good.

I'll have more updates soon. As of right now parathyroid hormone tests are being done. Hopefully results on monday or tuesday.

Love you all, thank you for your continued prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment