Monday, June 22, 2009

A Cry for Deliverance.

I thought it was love that I needed.
Rescuing, was what my soul was truly crying out.
Home for a month now and the battles have overwhelmed me.
Dirty and disgusted are the recent feelings.
I listened to the song called "Freedom" by RunKidRun and that pretty much explains everything. Everything I wanted the Lord to know.
God has called me to be holy. Leviticus 20:7, "Consecrate yourselves therefore and be holy, for I am the Lord your God."
My actions were showing off what the world has taught me.
So, my problems brought me to 2 Chronicles 20. Verse 29 says that the people heard that the Lord fought their battles for them.
This was and is something I could not win by myself.
It overwhelms my soul and I find myself repenting but never changing my ways.
I knew God had required me to give up, to give up the lust of the flesh.
It was 3 weeks ago. I laid on my bedroom floor sobbing crying "Father please, I need rescuing, I need you and You alone!".
And He came to my rescue, and He fought my battles.
And He, only He is worthy of my praise.
I guess this is a lot to say and you who read this will not know exactly what I am talking about, but it is relative.
Whatever the battle, whatever the time, whatever the place, He longs to fight our battles, to win us back, and to heal our hearts.
We're undeserving, dirty and rotten, but His grace has found us as we are and welcomes us to come rest in His arms of redemption.
So, the battle goes on, I remain weak, He remains fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment