Wednesday, July 29, 2009

.nothingBUTweak.

Something I wrote not too long ago.

I am nothing but weak
Is there any way you can make this heart complete
So much blaming for my problems
Answer my plea
I want no more of me
When the curls fall out
And time fades away
I’ll still be standing here
Day by day
Well, the curls came out
Lord, you know what this story’s about
I have dressed for the occasion
Temporal satisfaction I put on
But after the wearing, the waiting grows long
Out came the curls
They fell with my world
Looking for someone to give them a twirl
And here I stand
Not by my own strength
Looking for you, only by your grace
This party ended long ago
The questions “why?” have rung through my head
How I so badly wanted this life to be average
You’ve changed my plans
Wouldn’t give my hurt a bandage
No covering this up
This was open and bleeding
Was it Your intention for them to see the healing?
So much hurt, too much pain
During the time I’d forgotten my name
To remember you’ve called me
To be reassured
To know for this heart, there would be a cure.

2 comments:

  1. wow Jordyn I needed to read this right now!

    you're amazing, and you never cease to challenge me and encourage me!

    I love you

    ReplyDelete